Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going


Yesterday was a great day. hahaha. I woke up and ate oatmeal and berries, good. Then my friend picked me up and we went shopping and a had a coffee, double double with cream and sugar, not so good. Then I got chest pains and was taken to the hospital, not good. I was in the hospital for 7hrs and hungry. I ate some french fries and a egg salad from the cafeteria, due to availability and price. The doctor took xrays, cat scan, ekg, and some blood work and sent me away with a clean bill of health. Which I found odd, because the pains got worse when I got home. On the way home my friend complained that she was still hungry, it was now midnight and we hadn't eaten since 6pm. She opted for the all to convienent Mcdonalds drive thru open 24hrs. Although I was hungry, I argued with myself that, I'd already eaten fries and white bread with fattening mayo earlier. Eating at McDonalds is doing my body no justice. I was approximately 10 mins from home. I decide to let my friend order her super greasy, great smelling food lol. I would wait till I got home and eat something a little more healthier. I got home and in a hunger, not wanting to go through to much effort, after all it was 12:30 am by this time. I made a bowl of cereal. It was not quite as satisfying as a crispy chicken sandwhich with large fries and diet coke would of been, but it felt better going down. Slowly I am making small changes that are making a big difference and for that I'm grateful. How's your journey Nicola?

2 comments:

  1. Sammy D! Well it seems that in times of stress, worry, and the unknown, I eat less. And I always thought I was an emotional eater! Perhaps different emotions trigger my need to eat. For example - I've been pretty stressed out recently about my whole work thing cuz my old boss is a DICK, and I've been eating really healthy. I know that its also got something to do with the fact that I got really big (same big as my life biggest), and thought "I really can't get any bigger. This has got to stop now." I'm still not exercising enough, but I do walk so at least that's something for now until I kick in the Jillian 45min work out.
    Perhaps happy emotions trigger eating bad food? That's interesting... never thought that before. But when I think back... I'm usually already happy when I start eating crap food - so am I trying to enhance the happiness with bad tasty, or torturing myself on purpose, knowing that I'll feel remorse after the fact? When my mind isn't occupied with work, hobbies, or daily stresses, I eat. And eat. And eat. So when I'm just mulling along, nothing's bad nothing's great, that is my downfall. Sooo - the solution is to keep myself busy? Must be. Keep my mind occupied on something, anything, other than turning to food in boredom.

    I gotta say again - everytime I look at that picture of you from last Christmas I burst out laughing. You're a funny girl, Sam.

    I'll do my measurements eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol good realization girl. Love it. Last christams ahhhh, last christmas. I can't wait for this christmas. Hoping for a much better picture to be taken lol. No rush on the measurement i dont have a measuring tape yet. but scale would be lol.

    ReplyDelete