Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our bodies are apt to be our autobiographies.

Great day today, for me. Haven't checked in with nicola yet. Saw the sexiest chick boxing today, and I'm now thinking I will have to try it out. Switched gyms. Ultimate fitness smelt like someone punched me in the face with urine, human urine. eek. Today I tried out Barrie Athletic Club. It's basically the shit. LOL. It was an exclusive men's club till about 5 months ago, so the male membership ratio is high, which is beautiful. hehehhheeh.



The club is unlike any gym I have been to before. It has a bar in it for one, yes a bar where you can order beer, jack and diet coke lol. You can also order sandwich's, protein shakes, vitamin water and ya anything healthy. The bar is located on the main floor facing 4 glass squash courts. So you can basically just sit and drink and enjoy the view lol, or work out and ask a hottie to join you for a drink down stairs post workout. Okay, enough with the bar.



The downstairs has full muscle training machine and free weights, with a full size boxing ring and punching bag room. Upstairs, is the cardio section which over looks the downstairs. There was no boxing match tonight unfortunately but the treadmills are front and center over looking it and boxing room. Can't wait to watch some boys kicking ass. The ladies change room is nice. It has lockers, leather couches to relax, phones, hair dryer, curling iron, styling products, full towel service and a sauna. Because the club was originally designed for men, the men's change room is way more pimped out with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.



I am really pumped about losing the poundage! I ate healthy today and yesterday. Even ordered a salad at McDonald's with grilled chicken as I watched my friend eat super sized fries and huge Angus burger with pop. It's all about change, my mornings have structure now with oatmeal and fruit and that sets the tone for the rest of the day~



It's only day 2 so I won't scream success yet, but I feel I'm on the right track. Now to check in with Nicola and get her end of story :)

2 comments:

  1. Well apart from the level of stress and worry and hangover I've been dealing with today, my eating day was pretty good. Havent figured out the exercise part yet - but you do make it sound fun!! Wish I could go with you! OH PS - I quit my job today. Yeahhhh........ not fun. Oh life,so many curveballs! I downloaded a workout video by Jillian of the biggest loser that's 45mins long but i haven't gathered the balls to try it yet. The first couple times will be tough but then it'll get better. Need motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you loose like a pound you'll be like sweet, and keep going with it. Even right now, John just bought a hot and ready pizza and brought it home and I passed on it because I was like no way that will just make my work out useless and my sweat. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete