Thursday, December 10, 2009

Miricale Cake


So I finally go to go to Toronto to visit my best est friend Nicola. This usually turns into a weight gain situation where I go home 5 pounds heavier. I thinks It's cause I'm more relaxed and feel like I'm on vacation when I'm with her. This time was different however. Well sort of. I announced my first night there that I was making this trip different. I was going to go home 5 pounds lighter. We laughed and I hoped for the best. I was conscious of everything I ate. Even counting out my crisper's so I knew exactly how many calories I was taking in. I went to work with her, in a slow pet show with about 3 customers in a time frame of 8hrs. So I got to do some lunges and running around. Everything was going well until my last night there. Compulsion just hit me, and I was scanning take out sites galore. Nicola already had dinner on, but my eyes were convinced that chicken with steamed veggies and potatoes would not feed me, after all I had reduced my calorie intake and my calorie burn age like huge. So after battling it out whether or not take out was a stupid idea I blurted out, what one should never be blurted out. The point of no return. "How about we order a dairy queen ice cream cake" there was no turning back at that point as we both salivated over the idea. There was no way we could say no. Our brains and body had already envisioned the amazing moment it would enter our atmosphere our mouths even. After thinking for about 2.9 seconds, the decision was made we were on the phone frantically trying to find a Dairy Queen, with a cake and finding someone to deliver it. $45 later and about 1hr wait it had all come to and end. The cake was delivered and we couldn't crack into it fast enough. We ordered a blizzard Chocolate Extreme Ice Cream Cake. The thing was basically still frozen when it arrived but that didn't stop us from chiseling in, and in, and in. We went to bed ill with gut rot and about 1/4 maybe even less of the cake left. I woke up the next day and headed straight to the freezer in cake mode. Ate cake for break feast and said good riddance to the whole thing. I knew, as I was slowly chewing the last bite it was a horrible mistake, ridiculous call of judgement and it would have dire effects on my goal to go home with less weight instead of the usual 5 pounds. But in an odd twist of events I miraculously went home 5 pounds lighter and to make sure it wasn't a fluke I checked two days later and I was down another 2 pounds. So yay me, I guess the cake wasn't that bad after all. YAY

1 comment:

  1. LOL oh Sam this is the first time I've read this! "Chiseling in, and in, and in." Hilarious. Laughed so hard I cried.

    ReplyDelete